Precious Little Blueberry!

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

So, right now I am 7 and a half weeks pregnant which means that our little one is the size of a blueberry! The sweetest little blueberry in the world! Yesterday, on Maddy's birthday ( poor kiddo), I started having some signs that something was wrong. Cramping and some spotting. My Dr. wanted to see me and test my progesterone levels which is the hormone that keeps the pregnancy intact. The results came back today and they are low. They like the level to be around 15 or at least in the teens. Mine was a 9. The Dr. said this was not uncommon but that I need to go on progesterone supplements right away to boost my levels and they will retest next week. I looked up "progesterone" since I really don't know that much about it! What I found was not great. Progesterone is the hormone that keeps the pregnancy intact. It is what is needed for a rich, healthy uteran lining that the fetus needs to thrive. Low progesterone levels mean a thin or thinning uteran lining which can lead to a miscarriage or a threatened miscarriage.
All this to say, I am a little worried..well, make that a lot worried! Everything I read stated that many women go on to have a healthy pregnancy and carry to term, but that low progesterone is an early sign that something is wrong. My Dr. said that he has seen this many times and that 9 out of 10 times the supplements fix the problem. But, of course I can't help but worry. Whenever you see that word "miscarriage" you go into a frenzy! I had so many problems with Maddy,but knew that God was with her all the time. Same with this little one. I am scared and worried and don't know what is going to happen but know that God is with this little one just as He was with Maddy. He loves this baby more than I do and will protect it and keep it strong inside of me! Pray that this will be the only complication I encounter and that my levels will go up and there will be no problems.
My mom said to me today that Madeline is proof that God does miracles,and that is so true! Looking at her everyday reminds me that God protected her and will use her mightily for His kingdom..just as I know He will use this little one too!
Thankyou for all your prayers! The hardest part is waiting a week to find out that my levels are back to normal! It's hard to go through my days without worry and anxiety, but I know that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, strength and a sound mind!!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 30, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

Beth...I totally understand the anxiety that comes with the words "miscarriage". We serve a Good God. We'll be praying for you guys during this time and hope that the supplements will work perfectly!

Post a Comment

 

Life with Four | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates