Sniff Sniff!!

>> Thursday, August 19, 2010

Since Monday we have been a dog free family! We kept talking about getting rid of our dog, Wookie for a while especially when I found out I was pregnant again, but kept putting it off b/c neither Joe or I really wanted to do it! We got him when we had been married about 5 months, and have had him for almost three years since then!

He was our baby when we first got married! Then I found out I was pregnant with Madeline and he became second fiddle! Then I got pregnant with Gabriel and he became third fiddle! He was such a sweet dog and it was such a fun time to have him, but with two kids and living in an apartment it was time to find another home for him!

After the third flea outbreak this summer I lost it! I still don't get how he kept getting them, but whatever! He never fully understood the concept of potty training either and I was constantly cleaning pee pee and poop out of the carpet! NOT FUN!! Madeline stepped in it one time which made it even more fun for me to clean out! We steam vaccummed the carpets just to have him re-soil all his favorite spots the next day! So, it was time!

It really makes me so sad though! I put a picture of him on the fridge to remember him by and I'm sure it will stay there for a while! Joe says our next animal will be when we have a house and it can be an outside dog! I agree! Here's our little Wookie! I hope he enjoys his new home!




We went to the Dr. the other day and Madeline is continuing to grow like a weed! That makes me sad too, but it really shouldn't! I have to get over this wanting her to stay a baby forever!! She is 33 inches tall (96th percentile) and 22lbs! Still teeny tiny but finally in the 45th percentile in weight! She will always be skinny I think! Lucky girl!! Our Dr said we could even start potty training if we wanted to! I would LOVE for her to be potty trained before Gabriel gets here, but if not, I'm not going to force it!

She is starting to use her own fork and spoon which makes me very proud! Is anyone else going through the destuctive toddler years at all or is just her? She riped our blinds the other day and broke one of them off! She also chewed her teething guard off her crib so I had to buy a new one! She's crazy..but I think she got that from Joe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life with Four | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates