Slow It Down Girl!

>> Monday, August 23, 2010

Ugh!! Bedrest for almost a week is not a prognosis that I like to hear! I've been having cramps and presure for a while, but didn't call the Dr until last Friday! I thought it was just basic pregnancy symptoms but turns out that I was having the beginning of pre-term contractions and he is a little worried about them turning into pre-term labor!
The good thing about it is that there is no danger to Gabriel unless obvioulsy I give birth now, but even if it gets that bad they have medications that can help stop it! Bad news is if the medication doesn't take, but I'm not even going there b/c things are getting better!
Basically I've been doing too much! My Dr sais I need to slow things way down, and until the contractions go away completly I need to be on bedrest! Bedrest is fun for a couple of hours, and then it just gets old!! Especially when we don't have cable!! It's a lot different being pregnat with a toddler than it was when it was just me and Joe! I'm not worried, but it does kindof seem like it's been one thing after another with this pregnancy! Thankfully this is not a serious, life or death situation!
Apparently pre-term contractions are kindof common in the summer time which I didn't know, and if your doing too much on a daily basis! I didn't really think I was doing too much, but I guess so! So basically I just need to slow it way down I guess! Bad thing is that I can't pick up Maddy until I'm in the clear, so that stinks! I miss her when she's not here, but I know it's only for a little while!
I see my Dr on Wed unless things get worse, so pray things won't get worse and he lets me get off bed-rest! Until then I have to be creative with things to do!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life with Four | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates