Ever Feel Like A Single Mom??

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ever since I had Madeline, I have had a renewed respect for single moms, or single parents in general! Lately, that respect has been even greater! Maybe it is because I am pregnant and don't have the energy like I did when I wasn't pregnant, but lately I have been wiped out!
Joe has been working late the last couple of weeks. On and off, and to his credit he did get home at 3:30 yesterday, which NEVER happens, but other than that, I have definetly been feeling like a single parent! He is gone around 7am and usually doesn't get home until around 6 or 7 at night!

That means, EVERYTHING during the day is up to me! Not that I don't enjoy it. I love love love being home with Madeline and wouldn't want it any other way, but sometimes I just feel like, "Where's my husband when I need him???!!""
I know a few women that are feeling like this right now. My friend, Samantha, who is also pregnant is doing it on her own as well, while her husband is at police academy. So, I know I've got someone to relate to! When Joe gets home it's usually dinner time and then getting Maddy ready for bed and then I'm asleep by 8:30 or 9! Everyone keeps saying, "Oh, your supposed to have so much more energy your second trimester." Maybe that was true when your not taking care of someone else all day. I remember being tired with Madeline, but I would just come home from work and be able to get into bed without having to worry about things! Now, it's definetly different!

So, there's my hormonal, pregnant, worn out mother rant about wishing that every now and then I had a million dollars to hire a nanny or had a personal wife to take care of the things I do a million times a day! My friend Ashley said to me one time, "You know, I want a wife!" That's how I feel. Someone to do my laundry, cook my meals,buy and budget groceries, take care of the bills, clean my house, take care of my baby, ect!! Oh well, I guess it's all part of the never ending job we call motherhood! The most rewarding, joyful, loving job in the world. But with all jobs there's always something you don't like about it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life with Four | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates