Please Come Soon Fall!

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

So, Wednesday is September 1st, and no I am not thinking about Labor Day! I am thinking we are finally leaving the horrendously hot days of summer behind us, and slowly but surely getting to the fall months! I LOVE the fall! Fall and Winter are my two favorite times of the year! I think I get that from living in the north!! I love the cool, fresh air, the leaves changing colors, pumpkins, turning on the heat and putting a fire on, smelling pumpkin bread in the oven, eating hot stew while watching a football game! It's all just so cozy and I love everything about it!
I decorate almost as much for fall as I do for Christmas! Joe says there are way too many pumpkins around, but I wouldn't want it any other way!
The first weekend in October we always go to Homestead Hollow in Springville for their Fall Festival! I have been going for 11 straight years..ever since I moved to Alabama with the exception of 2008 when I was on bedrest with Maddy! I am so so excited to take her this year, b/c now that she is so much older I know she will really love it! Last year she was only 6 months old, but still got a kick out of the farm animals, hayride, and banjo music! This year she will be able to do so much more, which I'm really excited about!
I was looking at cute fall things on Etsy today and found this adorable dress for Madeline! I might try to make the smock, but I don't know about everything else!




I also found these little bloomers. How cute would they be on her??


I'm also starting to look for winter things for Gabriel since he will be here in the beginning of winter! These hats were ADORABLE, especially this pumpkin one, but I'll have to wait on the pumpkins for next year!


I would love to take him home from the hospital in a hat like this! Too cute! Knitting is something I could NEVER do, so this may have to be a to a purchase! We'll see!!























That's about it! Just counting down for the slightest bit of Fall to poke through! As soon as the weather starts getting a little cool, I know I will be wipping out all my fall things and putting a batch of pumpkin bread in the oven! Can't wait!!!















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life with Four | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates